Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Being a beginner at exercising

Came upon this post in Facebook..


Actually I don't find it funny. 
In fact, no one should.

In fact I think it's awesome that she continued moving even though she's not good in it. It's common for people to do the wrong moves. Just that she's doing it with those who are familiar with the moves, so she stands out as the "odd one". If I exercise with a group of pro instructors, I will be the odd one out too.. Then I should be laughed at?

Exercise should be encouraged. We should judge or laugh at a beginner. Anyway, we exercise to be healthy, not for show. So does it matter whether one does it beautifully or not? Those who find this funny.. Are YOU exercising like her although you can "do it better"? The only time we should pick on one's form when exercising is when he/she is doing wrongly and may get hurt.

I totally understand how hard it is to overcome the fears and actually start exercising (especially when we are so bad at it). We are self conscious and thinking, "Omg I must have looked so clumsy and ridiculous!" But we still try. So please don't laugh at us. Encourage us and give us time to improve instead. Practice makes perfect! 

In the past I didn't dare to attend exercise classes or go jogging.. Which in turn caused me to get fatter and fatter. (Haha!) But thanks to my FHI and Kpopx Fitness, I started exercising and now I feel A LOT more confident in myself. I actually attend exercise classes and jog on my own now. Even if I'm still not very good at it, my coordination has improved a lot and I always have fun during the sessions. 

(Once, I joined the exercises at this KpopX Fitness outdoor event and a stranger actually asked if I were one of the instructors. Wow! 我像吗?? *暗爽* LOL!)

Spread the love~~~

And if you haven't been exercising already, I highly recommend that you give it a try!
It has so many benefits! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment