Thursday, October 19, 2017

Motherhood

The other night, I had a simple dream.

In that dream, I was spending time with my baby (girl?).
I was teaching her how to say "mummy".

It was a very brief dream, yet very heartwarming.
One of the rare dreams that I actually still remember after waking up.

Since I was young, I had longed to become a mother.
Ideally, to have a son first.. Followed by a daughter.
Because I always wanted to have a (handsome) elder brother to protect me.
(Watched too much Japanese manga.. Haha!)
Dreamt of dressing them up in cute little outfits.
Hoped to be able to be a housewife like my mum so I can watch them grow.

But unfortunately, Fate likes to play jokes on me. Right?
Circumstances don't allow me to be one.
I'm 35 already and there is no guy whom I would want to spend my life with.

No matter how much I long for my own loving family and children,
I am not going to accept any guy that comes along.
Kinda defeats the purpose since if the guy is not good husband and father material.
I will only marry for love, never out of desperation.
There won't be any happiness in a love-less relationship.

Despite my old age.. Who knows God may bestow me with a baby someday?
And hopefully with a man who will be a good husband to me, a good father to my baby.


Anyway, just gonna have faith and trust that whatever happens is for a higher Purpose.
Someday I'll understand why things happen the way it did and be grateful for it.

---

In the meantime, I'll just manage my life carefully and make the best of what I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment